#1

While we wait for Mr. Bee to write his bio, I will introduce you to my firstborn, Elora. 

I was an only child until I was seventeen.  Because of that, I always knew that someday I would have a big family.  I wanted lots of babies.  Technically, I wanted 12 boys.  Crazy right?  I had just turned nineteen when I got married, and the little one was born on my twentieth birthday.  We wasted no time.  I remember feeling so lucky to have gotten pregnant right away.  The day we decided to announce to our families was so special.  My mother in law was at our church getting ready for our Christmas play.  My husband and I went to a grocery store and bought some pink and blue carnations and a card.  We walked into the church and found her right away.  I can't remember exactly what the card said, but I think it was something like, "We love you Grandma".  She squealed and gasped and of course started crying.  She hugged us both and congratulated us.  It was so sweet.
Side note: I lived about eight hours away from all my family, so my in-laws were my family.  In every sense of the word.  I never once felt like a daughter-in-law.  I was their daughter.  This post is not about divorce, but I will say this; divorce sucks.  I lost those people.  I lost my "other" parents.  They are still there, and they still love me in some way, but I am still sad about the loss of connection. 
Moving on!
My pregnancy was pretty easy.  No real issues other than slight anemia.  I was pregnant during the summer so my main complaint was the heat.  I was always so hot!!  I craved strange things with her.  Baked potatoes with butter, sour cream, and chives, and chocolate twizzlers.  Dad and I knew very early on what her name would be.  On one of our very first dates, we talked about music and movies, the stuff you usually talk about when trying to get to know your potential spouse.  We talked about how Willow was one of our favorites.  I told him that Elora was on my baby name list, and he didn't hate it.  So basically as soon as we knew we were having a girl, we decided on Elora.  In the movie, her name was spelled with an "A" but we both liked it better with an "E".  I chose her middle name.  I had this friend in school, and her sister's name was Dannyel.  As a young girl, I always looked up to her.  She was beautiful, smart, feminine, and strong willed.  She was a role model for me.  So, on the most beautiful day, September 1, my baby girl came into the world.  Little Elora Dannyel.  She consumed my entire being, she was my life and my light.  My world was forever changed the day she was born, on my birthday.  The best birthday gift one could ever get.  Although, over the years, I have joked with her about her ruining my birthday forever!  This girl, oh man was she loved BY ALL!  She had grandma and grandpa wrapped around all her fingers!  Spoiled doesn't even begin to explain it!  She had always had a very gentle heart.  When she was not even two years old, she had this baby doll that she carried around with her.  She wrapped the baby in little blankets, and pushed her around in a little baby stroller.  My mother in law was really good about recording things, and I am so thankful for that.  Elora's early years were some of my darkest.  I remember most things, but some things I have apparently blocked out.  Thanks to my mother in law, I have a vhs tape that I can watch any time I want.  My little curly headed baby had the cutest baby giggle.  She walked with a little "hitch in her get-along" and she absolutely LOVED her grandpa.  She was his little sidekick. 

Fast forward to now...that little girl is a big girl now.  She's sassy but sweet.  She's strong willed yet still gentle with babies.  We have had so many teenage related issues with her that sometimes I swear she will be the death of me.  She has a mind that baffles me.  Her laugh is now that of an eighty year old lady.  She has a sense of humor that drives me crazy!!  She keeps me on my toes that's for sure!  She has slowly become one of my closest friends.  She is getting better at trusting me with her feelings and thoughts, so we talk a lot more now.  It's so hard for me to remember that I am her mother first and foremost...I want to be her friend too!  Her best friend is my sister, her aunt.  Strange you say?  Nah, my sister is only a year older than her.  I am so glad that she has a best friend though, truly.  Someday my little girl will meet a guy and leave me. Wahhhhh!  And as much as I joke around about kicking her out, my heart will be so sad when she leaves her mama.  I'm sure I will be posting more about her and all the other offspring later, so stay tuned. In the meantime, enjoy some pictures of my sweet girl.   




















Comments