Bye Felicia!

Hey ya'll!
Well, here we are, on the cusp of a new year.  Only six and a half hours left to 2018 and what are you doing with it?  The last few weeks have flown by! Seriously, did we even have turkey??  I feel like this years holiday festivities are all blurred together.  My in laws flew in for their annual visit and we had so much fun!  They always go above and beyond to make time for each one of the kids.  There were a few dinners out, some cookie making and decorating, pool time at the hotel and of course our Christmas gift exchange.  A few nights ago, I was talking with Mr. B about how every year is always so stressful for me.  I'm always worried about getting/making gifts for everyone.  I know, it isn't supposed to be about the presents, but of course it really is.  What parent isn't concerned about their kids having a good Christmas?  At the end of the holidays, I usually let out a big sigh...like it's finally all over, whew!  However, this year was different.  I was still stressed out, because, well I am human.  But, at the end of it all, after all the wrapping paper and bows had cleared, I was satisfied.  We ALL had a great Christmas!  Starting with my in laws and them spoiling us rotten, can we say "Lion King tickets?", the complete ham dinner given to us by Mr. B's work, gift cards, gas cards, and even our car payment paid,...we were able to focus on our family and not stress out about money.  I also made a little extra money from my three, yes three, home businesses (more about that later). That was a nice little surprise!  We spent Thanksgiving and Christmas at my moms house with my family.  There was no fighting, everyone got along, and we even got to play a couple new games!  Time with loved ones is so important guys, if it's been a while, make it happen.  Life is short.  Don't let grudges get in the way of love.  After all, isn't that what Christmas is all about??  The Almighty God LOVED us so much that he sent his son, Jesus, into the world to be the savior of all man kind!  Now THAT'S something!!  Without God's sacrifice, we wouldn't have anything to celebrate.  We are after all, celebrating the birth of Jesus, right?  Time has changed traditions but the one that remains, is giving.  We spend hours and hours searching for the right gift for everyone.  Somehow our love for others has translated into gift giving.  Is that really such a bad thing??  God loved us, so he gave.  When I receive a present, no matter the occasion, I am grateful because it shows how much the giver thought about me.  They took the time to think about what I would enjoy.  Even when the gift is something that I didn't necessarily need or want,  the love is still there.  At Christmas time, it's so easy to just say thank you and move on to the next gift.  Do we ever stop to think about the giver, or the meaning of the gift? Is our "thank you" sincere?  Are we truly grateful?  We could all work on that.  

Every. Stinking. Year. I say that I'm not making any New Years' resolutions.  Mainly because I think they're a waste of my time.  I don't need that kind of disappointment in my life.  But why am I always disappointed?  It's no secret, but I have a huge follow through problem.  I LOVE to try new things.  I'm a fairly crafty person so when something new comes into my mind, I do it.  Honestly though, there's only a few things that I have committed to.  I still have my soap and jewelry businesses and I still enjoy them, but they are not my full-time passion.  I like to sew, I love to paint, sometimes I like crocheting....I also really enjoy procrastinating and then I usually lose interest.  Truth bomb, yo.  I think, THINK, that this year is going to be the year I actually do something long term.  I want to do it, and I almost hate putting this out in the cyberverse, because then there's all this pressure. 😱  So, here it is.  Are you ready for it?

I want to be healthy.  Plain and simple.  I'm not making it my goal to lose weight, or to eat better, or to exercise everyday.  That's just too much for my brain to handle.  I just want to make better, healthier choices.  In everything I do.  This might include food, exercise and the like but it will also include sleep, rest, quiet time, personal development, more time with loved ones, friendship and creative outlets.  I, as well as most people, have a problem with impulsive decisions.  Whatever pops into my head, I do.  Sometimes without any real contemplation.  "How am I going to do this?" Meh.  I'll figure it out later.  "Are there going to be any consequences to this action?" Maybe, but oh well.  NO MORE!  Use your head, Jennifer Marie (as my mother would say)!

Next, I'm not going to cut my hair. 😜  Silly right?  But not really.  When I go in for a "trim" I always come out with a whole new look.  It's a little goal, but I think it's really going to test my ability to stand by a decision. Shall we start taking bets now?? 

Lastly, I realized after reading a great book called, Boundaries by John Townsend and Henry Cloud, that there are some toxic relationships in my life.  The books tagline is, "When to say yes, how to say no, to take control of your life."  Holy cow.  What an eye opener!  If you haven't already read it, you should.  Mine is an audio book on Audible.  I do better with audio books.  When there's something toxic in our lives, we SHOULD cut it out of our lives.  I don't want to do that though.  I want to work on the relationships so that they're not toxic anymore.  I love all the people in my life.  Even those that have chosen to remove me from their lives.  I admit, there have been times in my life that I was the toxic one, so it was warranted.  But I still love those people. Again, life is short!  I have no time in my life for nonsense.  Grudges be gone!  Let it go! 

I know this was a long post, so if you stayed for the whole thing, I appreciate you.  I ramble sometimes, it's just who I am 😆😆😆. 
I hope that all of you, whoever you are, experience love, forgiveness, growth, kindness, and happiness in 2019.  Make an effort to become a better version of yourself.  Be more grateful.  Make better decisions.  And of course, I am talking to myself first and foremost.  

Be well, friends.
XOXO
💖Mrs. B

P.S.  We are still waiting for Mr. B to type up his bio.  🤞


















Comments